11 May 2012

My Week in Photos


So you know I took a week's break last week, and as I said, it was pretty eventful. Aside from gallivanting around beautiful shops for Leaff, we did take a good amount of time out too, and so I thought it would be pretty darn nice to share the best of our week with you, through photos.

From past posts, you should already know just how much we appreciate indie/rock band, Thrice. Well, after their recent, sad, announcement of their hiatus, last Monday night they held their one and only UK farewell gig, in London. Of course we were there - with bells on - and I have to say just how incredible that gig was. The crowd moved, chanted and sang the roof off all night long - and not even the fact that we missed the last bus, walked for 10 minutes in torrential rain, and fell through our front door at 4.30am, could have taken the shine off that night! It really warmly reminded me of the early and youthful years of mine and my husbands relationship, where we were forever going on gig adventures like this.

Saturday saw the gathering of our big group of friends in the beautiful countryside of Derbyshire, for our friends' wedding. The weather held out (despite the dodgy forecast) and it was such a good day. For me, it felt especially great to just let my hair down, hit the dance floor and go a bit crazy - something that I haven't really done for a very long time. My party days were definitely over long ago, but it reminded me of the importance of letting myself go every once in a while.

The bank holiday weekend was far more typical for us, and consisted of good food, home-made sloe gin, and log fires by night with our friends. During the daytime, the sunshine held out for us to enjoy some beautiful walks around Worcester. Along the canal we discovered a charming secret garden, occupied by a group of crazy, hungry chickens - the guys enjoyed lobbing slices of bread over to them like frisbees, while the chickens were humorously springing all over the place with excitement! They are pretty quick on those feet! All the way through the gorgeous Gheluvelt park, and out around the racecourse we went
- passing all sorts of activity along the river bank - and that beautiful fairytale tree with a heart naturally carved out of it. It surely is a tree for me; just magical.

So the week was a welcome break, where we caught up with friends, let our hair down and just really focussed on ourselves for a change. Do you find that breaks always make you realise just how much
you work? But this one also taught me about things that I had forgotten, that are really important to me and my well being; I love wearing my 'Leaff' hat - it is a big part of who I am - but it is also important to take some time to wear my 'Kate' hat once in a while too, and really lose my inhibitions. There is a moral there... somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us your thoughts - we love to hear from our readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...